Thursday, 30 March 2017
Brisbane City Council wishes to advise sandbags will be available for collection across Brisbane, in preparation for expected rain following Tropical Cyclone Debbie, which may cause minor localised flooding.
Residents in areas prone to localised flooding due to heavy rain are advised to avoid driving through flood affected roads and avoid parking their cars on the street during the event. Council encourages residents to make new neighbours aware of minor localised flooding risk in and around their area.
Residents are urged to be prepared and take precautions if required. Sandbags are available for collection at from the following locations:
- Darra - 38 Shamrock Road, Darra
- Morningside - 9 Redfern Street, Morningside
- Newmarket - 66 Wilston Road (in carpark off Erneton Street), Newmarket
- Zillmere - 33 Jennings Street, Zillmere
- Lota - Herbert Street, Lota. (Available from 1.30pm Wednesday 29 March)
The sandbags can be found on the footpath outside the depots.
For more information phone Council on 07 3403 8888 or visit https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au.