KSD project construction update - March 2017
Monday, 6 March 2017
During March 2017, the Kingsford Smith Drive upgrade will continue major construction activities.
Land-based activities between Amy Street and Theodore Street will include:
- street light and traffic signal work
- road widening and drainage activities on Cooksley and Yulestar Streets
- service location and relocation works, including temporary lane and road closures
- major earthworks and drainage installation
- restoration of the war memorial at Cameron Rocks Reserve
- centre median removal
- asphalting and line marking
- relocation of concrete traffic barriers.
Marine-based construction activities will include:
- installation of scour protection mattresses
- excavation of the existing river bank retaining wall
- ground improvement works
- piling for the new river walk structure
- production and installation of precast concrete segments that will be used in the river walk structure.
What to expect
Work will involve:
- use of construction equipment including excavators, trucks, compaction equipment, road saws, vacuum excavators, bitumen, concrete trucks, small cranes, barges, piling rigs and lighting towers
- noise associated with the use of construction equipment
- increased light and heavy vehicle movements associated with construction activities
- vehicles and equipment with flashing lights and white noise (non-tonal) reversing beepers for the safety of onsite workers
- changed traffic conditions including lane, footpath and parking closures, as required
- traffic control and signage to direct pedestrians, cyclists and motorists, as required
- increased barge movements across the river.
Work on Sunday
From 7am Sunday to 5am Monday over a number of consecutive weekends in March and April, traffic changes will be in place on Kingsford Smith Drive to allow for underground service relocations between Riverview Terrace and College Street.
Works are scheduled to take place on the following dates:
- Sunday 5 March
- Sunday 12 March
- Sunday 19 March
- Sunday 26 March
- Sunday 2 April
- Sunday 9 April
These works have been scheduled in order to minimise the impact and duration of ongoing night works on the local community.
During this work, traffic control will be in place on Kingsford Smith Drive as required, with one lane open to traffic in each direction. See map over page for work areas. Access to local streets and properties will be maintained with traffic controllers at all times.
In preparation for these works, some temporary service outages may be required. Impacted properties will be notified of any service outage prior to works starting.
In the event of wet weather these works will be postponed to the next available date.
Partial closure of Harbour Road, Hamilton
From 8am to 5pm Saturday 11 March 2017, the left turn out of Harbour Road onto Kingsford Smith Drive will be temporarily closed to allow for the installation of a new section of water main beneath Harbour Road.
During this work, the left and right turns into Harbour Road from Kingsford Smith Drive will be maintained under the direction of traffic control.
Pedestrian access will be maintained around the work site and driveway access will be maintained at all times.
In the event of wet weather or unforeseen circumstances, this closure may extend to allow the work activity to be completed safely.
For detailed detour maps and more information about these works visit www.ksdupgrade.com.au
Construction activities will take place from 7am-6pm, Monday to Friday and from 8am-5pm on Saturday.
Due to traffic permit requirements, some work must take place at night between 8pm and 5am, Sunday to Thursday. If any out-of-hours work is required, Lendlease will directly notify residents in the vicinity of the works.
There will also be some barge movements required outside standard hours due to tide levels on the Brisbane River.
Register for construction updates
As we progress construction activities, we are eager to ensure the community is kept well informed of upcoming activities. To evaluate our community relations approach, the project team has launched a short, online survey to ask for community feedback. The ratings and comments you provide will assist us with future communications about the project.
To participate, please click here.
With works increasing across the site in 2017, the project team encourages nearby residents to register for updates at www.ksdupgrade.com.au
To register for SMS alerts prior to high impact work near your property, contact the team on 1800 084 383 or via email at email@example.com